Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook XSL, DocBook 5, and Xalan

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:

> If somebody happened to have, say, an existing standalone XInclude
> engine that he might be able to upgrade with some degree of
> support for XPointers/fragment identifiers and that could be used
> in single-pass processing (call to XInclude resolution gets done
> automatically prior to XSLT processing), I would bet he'd get some
> enthusiastic support from people in the DocBook community in
> testing and debugging it, and some heartfelt gratitude.

If the phrase "me too" gets us any closer to this goal, I shall shout it
from the rooftops.  Right now the extra Xinclude step I have in my build
process takes 30+ seconds, which doubles the build time for
small-to-medium documents.  I would expect support built into the parser
might add a bit of time, but it would be far less than double.

-- Dan