Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook XML and helpsets

Oracle Help for the Web provides a Java Servlet that mimics JavaHelp and
can be delivered via any browser.  I haven't used it but ran across it
while investigating Oracle Help for Java.  It uses the same type of
source files that Oracle Help for Java uses, which are close enough to
JavaHelp that the DocBook transforms can be tweaked to produce the
required output.  We went to Oracle Help for Java because the render
engine is better than the native JavaHelp one.  Might be worth a look.

The framework appears to be freely distributable, without licensing
(although I haven't pursued it in enough detail to guarantee it).

Information is available at:

  http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/help/index.html

Larry Rowland