Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Applets, Flash, etc. in DocBook

Norman Walsh wrote:

> Flash and other image/video formats fit into the mediaobject framework
> (or should, at least). I doubt that a Java applet fits anywhere
> neatly. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to add a standard module
> that supports the XHTML object tag.

I think Flash and Java fit mediaobject equally well. The problem is at
the lower level where I have to pick audioobject, imageobject,
textobject, or videoobject. None of these are obvious matches for Java
or Flash. Someone suggested SVG, but to be honest it doesn't really
match that either since SVG can be a lot more than an image.

I suspect there's a missing multimediaobject element or perhaps
interactiveobject element that's needed to cover these use cases.

> Would that suit your needs, Elliotte?

Sounds good.