Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] docbook xsl stylesheets: "in the sectioncalled"

This is due to some change that was made a few releases back. Presumably
there is some benefit to the change, but it also causes the problem that
you're observing, which is definitely a disadvantage.

I find that this makes it go away and restores the former behavior:

<xsl:param name="section.autolabel" select="1"/>