Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] svg figure role

Hi Chris,
I'm not able to duplicate your problem.  When I process your
figure element with 1.69.1/xhtml/docbook.xsl, the output file has
img referencing the svg file.  When I process your figure element
with 1.69.1/html/docbook.xsl, the output file has img referencing
the png file.  Reversing the order of the imageobjects inside the
mediaobject has no effect.  Have you changed the stylesheet
parameter use.role.for.mediaobject to zero from the default value
of 1, by any chance?  Selecting by order and not role is the
behavior you get when that parameter is set to zero.

When you see a blank, does your output file reference the svg
file?  If so, then the stylesheet is doing the right thing and it
seems the problem is with the browser not displaying the embedded
SVG image.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris@chiasson.name>
To: "docbook-apps List" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:31 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] svg figure role

Dear docbook-apps,

I am trying to make an svg file appear in xhtml output and a png
file
appear in html output. I don't believe I have any profile.role =
blahblah statements in my customization layer or on the command
line.
When I order the png image first (along with the html role
statement),
both xhtml and html output contain the png file. When I order the
svg
image first (along with the xhtml role statement) both xhtml and
html
output contain a blank spot where the svg should be. I'm using
docbook
xsl 1.69.1.

****What's going on here?? How do I make the svg and xhtml pair
up
while also pairing the png and html?? Why isn't the svg rendering
at
all?****

note: the files are linked at the bottom.

      <figure>
        <title>Vacuum Flask</title>
        <mediaobject>
          <imageobject role="html">
            <imagedata
fileref="Gravimetric_and_Gasometric_Determination_of_Zinc/Vacuum_Flask.png"/>
          </imageobject>
          <imageobject role="xhtml">
            <imagedata
fileref="Gravimetric_and_Gasometric_Determination_of_Zinc/Vacuum_Flask.svg"/>
          </imageobject>
          <imageobject role="fo">
            <imagedata
fileref="Gravimetric_and_Gasometric_Determination_of_Zinc/Vacuum_Flask.eps"/>
          </imageobject>
        </mediaobject>
      </figure>

Here are links to the relevant files: