Subject: Re: Displaying article/articleinfo/date in print?

> So... now it's on to modifying the template...:-)

...which proved to be pretty easy, and worked at first attempt.

I modified
    <corpauthor space-before="0.5em"
                font-size="&hsize2;"/>
    <authorgroup space-before="0.5em"
                 font-size="&hsize2;"/>
    <author space-before="0.5em"
            font-size="&hsize2;"/>
to become
    <corpauthor space-before="0.5em"
                font-size="&hsize2;"/>
    <authorgroup space-before="0.5em"
                 font-size="&hsize2;"/>
    <author space-before="0.5em"
            font-size="&hsize2;"/>
    <date space-before="0.5em"
            font-size="&hsize2;"/>

and then just did a make.

Here are some makefile fragments.  I organize my DocBook development
areas in the following way:
 topdir
  GNUmakefile.docbook.common
  local-common.xsl
  local-fo.xsl

And then I put all the documents into subdirectories, and put in
GNUmakefiles there that include ../GNUmakefile.docbook.common

The GNUmakefile.docbook.common is too full of history to make sense
even to me, but here are the parts I put in to build the XSL style
sheet from the template (caveat emptor! This has not been tested out
of the context of the rest of the make setup):

# The starting directory for the DocBook XSLT style sheets
DBXSLPREFIX:=http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current
# XSLT style sheets generated from templates
FOTEMPLATES:=../fo-titlepage.templates.xsl
# Calculate target files
FOFILES=$(patsubst %.xml,%.fo,$(XMLSOURCES))
# Dependencies between style sheets and results
$(FOFILES): $(FOSTYLE) $(FOTEMPLATES) $(COMMONSTYLE)
# Generating style sheets from templates
TITLETEMPLATE:=$(DBXSLPREFIX)/template/titlepage.xsl
../fo-titlepage.templates.xsl: ../fo-titlepage.templates.xml
	$(XSLTPROC) --output $@ $(TITLETEMPLATE) $<