Subject: Re: table-row size

--Sig_IRJYjtxkicTkjMrgFHhdYmM

Hello again,

On Sun, 7 May 2006 16:59:54 +0200
Sean Wheller <sean@inwords.co.za> wrote:

> On Sunday 07 May 2006 16:36, Matthew East wrote:
> > I'm fairly confident that I need to change something in the
> > stylesheet, it's dealt with about half way down this page:
> > http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/Troubleshooting/CommonLogMessages
> >
> > I grepped through the stylesheets and I think it is something to do
> > with lines like this:
> >
> > <fo:table-row height=3D"14pt"> (pagesetup.xsl)
> >
> > But, I don't know how to change those values ;)
>=20
> That xsl is used to define the general page setup, headers, footers,
> body, margins, etc. It helps with the page masters.

Yes.
=20
> Can you give us an example of the table on which you have problems?
> What hapens as a result of this problem. Does the content get
> cut-off? What is the resulting output in the PDF?

I don't see many noticeable problems in the output (it may be that it
is causing lines with footnote marks in them to be widened slightly as
opposed to lines without marks). However I posted to the fop mailing
list about another problem, and the developers noticed the errors and
said:

<quote>
There are a lot of table-rows with height=3D"14pt" in your FO file. 14pt
is too little for a 12pt font with line-height=3D"1.2" (the default).
Either remove the height property or adjust it to at least 14.4pt (=3D12
* 1.2).
</quote>

So I'd like to follow this advice, just that I don't know how.

Matt