Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] TeX math inclusion?

John W. Shipman wrote:
> I want to include some equations from TeX originals in my
> DocBook document.  I can rasterize them and include them as
> .jpgs, but they look rather tacky.  I'd prefer to include
> them in some kind of vector form.
>
> I tried using pdftex to make .pdf files, but those don't
> seem to play well with DocBook.  The equations appear in a
> microscopic size at the wrong place on the page, when they
> appear at all.
>
> What's the best route from TeX to something vectorized
> that plays well with DocBook?

If you have a lot of TeX math in your documents it is best to format
your DocBook sources with some TeX based solutions. Two most common
packages for converting DocBook to LaTeX are db2latex and dblatex (both
available from SourceForge).

                    Nejbližší termíny školení:
        ** DocBook 15.-17.5.2006 ** XSL-FO 12.-13.6.2006 **
     ** XSLT 23.-26.10.2006 ** XML schémata 13.-15.11.2006 **
   http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature