Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Page break before sect1 elements, but only in articles

Robert,

I'm not sure how to do this based on the doctype, but
here is a way to do it based on the root element, which
I think yields the same result.

In your customization layer, include the following:

  <xsl:variable name="sect1break">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="/article">page</xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>auto</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:variable>

  <xsl:attribute-set name="section.level1.properties">
    <xsl:attribute name="break-before"><xsl:value-of
select="$sect1break"/></xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:attribute-set>

The xsl:variable element sets the variable "sect1break" to "page"
if the root element is article and assigns it to "auto" otherwise
("auto" is a "no-op" value that causes the property to be discarded).

Hope that helps.

Dick Hamilton

http://www.mail-archive.com/docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org/msg07842.h
tml

Is it possible to solve this problem without having to use different
stylesheets for articles and books?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Robert Fekete