Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook and Apache Forrest generation

On Monday 05 June 2006 14:41, Johnson, Eric wrote:
> I am trying to use Docbook as a source for documentation that lives as
> part of a web site generated by Apache Forrest. According to the Apache
> guys the path to do this is Docbook XSLT -> HTML -> Forrest XSLT ->
> HTML.
> This works OK, but there are several elements that seem to get doubled
> up by the Forrest stuff. It appears that the <span class=""></span>
> elements in the generated HTML trip up the Forrest processor.
> Is there a way to easily modify the Docbook XSLT to not produce these?
> Or, since it is mostly a problem with the title and TOC, not have those
> generated?

Hi,

Long time ago I extended the sdocbook plugin for Apache Forrest so that it
could do some stuff I needed for a project. If your content is sdocbook you
may try it, if you are using full docbook it will be a bit problematic, but
you can write the sdocbook for full docbook.

The Forret team was planning to make xhtml an internal format, I don't know if
they have done this yet.
--
Ask me about the Monkey.

Sean Wheller