Subject: [HTML] biblioentry.item.separator param, a linebreak/newline andxsl:value-of or xsl:copy-of

Hello,

I would like to have a '.\newline' as separator between information in a
biblioentry element, so the HTML output looks like this:

"$booktitle".
$Authors.
$Publisher.
$Editon.
$ISBN.

(I would like to have this in a FAQ). Therefor I tried to use
biblioentry.item.separator, but I cannot get it to work. Here two
examples I tried:

<xsl:param name="biblioentry.item.separator">
  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[.<br/>]]></xsl:text>
</xsl:param>

But the disable-output-escaping is not "respected". So I tried

<xsl:param name="biblioentry.item.separator">
  <xsl:text>.</xsl:text>
  <xsl:element name="br"/>
</xsl:param>

But this also failed. So I looked into the source code and found, that
it uses <xsl:value-of select="$biblioentry.item.separator"/>. So then I
know, why it fails. Now my questions: Does it make sense to request a
change to xsl:copy-of or are there (already) discussed reasons, why this
is maybe not a good idea? Does anybody has a suggestion, how I still
could solve the issue for me?

Thanks in advance.
Regards, Daniel