Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] toc where every chapter/section starts exactly at the same vertical position

Hi Stefan,
You could customize the template named 'toc.line' in fo/autotoc.xsl to use
a fo:list-block with one list-item to format the two pieces.  Something
like this:

<fo:list-block provisional-distance-between-starts="0.5in">
  <fo:list-item>
    <fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
      <fo:block>
        <xsl:copy-of select="$label"/>
      </fo:block>
    </fo:list-item-label>
    <fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start()">
      <!-- the fo:block that formats the title with the leader and page
reference -->
    </fo:list-item-body>
  </fo:list-item>
</fo:list-block>

It is the provisional-distance-between-starts that provides the consistent
spacing, sort of like a two-column table.

DocBook Consulting