Subject: Strange space before title text in HTML

Platform: Intel Pentium M, Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake,
	  docbook-xml 4.4-4
	  docbook-xsl 1.70.1
	  xsltproc 1.1.15-1ubuntu1

When I create HTML files from DocBook, using the above configuration,
Opera 9 on linux, displays a question mark in a diamond between
section numbers and the section title.  IE 6 on XP Pro, displays a
question mark.

When I do `C-x =' on that character in Emacs 21.4, it says:
 Char: (04240, 2208, 0x8a0, file A0)
which I don't quite know to interpret.

This looks like a unicode character, but the coding system of the
buffer is iso-latin-1-unix.  In ISO-8859-1, A0 would be non breaking
space.  But appearently (according to Opera), this isn't it...?

Doing `C-x =' on the space between the section number and the title in
the TOC, gives:
 Char: SPC (040, 32, 0x20)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I've attached an HTML file displaying the problem, as well as the
original XML file it was generated from.  I hope they survive.  They
are gzipped individually.  I haven't zip'ed or tar'ed them to avoid
being stripped on the way.

Thanx!

- Steinar

HTML file with the strange space character

DocBook XML source for the HTML file with the strangespace character