Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] footnotes in fo/pdf files?

Hi,
I'm not able to duplicate this error.  Do you get the same error when you process a different file with the same kind of footnote?

What version of xsltproc?

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:54 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] footnotes in fo/pdf files?

Hi,

I must be doing something wrong when generating my fo file from my xml file.
My xml file contains ...

<listitem><para>BLAH BLAH BLAH
<footnote><para>
YADA YADA YADA
</para></footnote>
</para></listitem>

... I can make the html just fine but when I try to make an fo like so ...

xsltproc --output blah.fo --stringparam fop.extensions 1 --stringparam ulink.footnotes 1 /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.69.1-5/fo/docbook.xsl blah.xml
Making portrait pages on USletter paper (8.5inx11in)
XPath error : Undefined variable
$ulink.footnotes != 0
                 ^
error: file /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.69.1-5/fo/footnote.xsl line 94 element number
Failed to compile predicate
make: *** [dvd_ripping_book.fo] Segmentation fault

Without the footnote tag I am able to produce a fo and pdf no problem.
But why is the footnote tag giving heart burn?

Thanks

Do you Yahoo!?