Subject: Inline media object/text overlapping on PDF output

Hi,

For my thesis, I frequently use the <inlinemediaobject> tag to
display small inline graphics in PDF format.

I have managed to vertically center my inline images using a
customization layer. After transformation, the generated FO is as
follows:

---
<fo:block space-before.optimum="1em" space-before.minimum="0.8em"
     space-before.maximum="1.2em">
     Some text
         <fo:external-graphic src="url(file:/foo.pdf)" width="auto"
height="auto"
             content-width="auto" content-height="auto" vertical-
align="middle"/>
     Some long text which automatically line breaks and continues on
the next line ...
</fo:block>
---

My problem appears when I create a PDF file (using the XEP renderer):
The external graphic appears perfectly aligned, but the succeeding
"Some long text [...]" overlaps with the lower part of the graphic,
which is bad.

I understand this may not be a DocBook issue, but I could not find
any decent XSL-FO documentation - not even on the W3C site - and
after fiddling with some FO attributes (which I don't really
understand) I feel pretty lost now.

I would appreciate any ideas - even a RTFM to a FO spec document
where I can learn about basic line spacing in FO.
Thank you!

Regards,
Claudio Pellegrino