Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to modify bibliography spacing in biblio.xsl?

The import should work, however, those setting may not actually be
controlling the final spacing.  You can test the import by adding an
xsl:message to your version of the template and see if you get that message
during processing.

I think the 'bibliography.titlepage' template is generating a nested
fo:block that has additional spacing.  You might temporarily set
<xsl:output indent="yes"/> in your customization (to make it more readable)
and peek inside your fo output and see what the nesting of fo:blocks looks
like.

The bibliography.titlepage template is generated from the titlepage spec
file titlepage.templates.xml using the process described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLTitlePage.html

If you look in the spec file, you will see that the title for bibliography
calls the component.title template, which is defined in fo/component.xsl.
There you will see how the additional spacing is being added through other
attribute sets.

If you want better control, then don't use the component.title template in
your titlepage spec file, because it is also used for chapters, appendices,
etc.  Instead, put all your font and spacing specifications in the spec
file and regenerate the titlepage XSL that you import into your
customization.

DocBook Consulting