Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Formatting the glosslist items

Hi Bob,

thank you. I have not been precise enough. But your clue is. I guess such an approach applies to variablelist, too.

Best regards,

-Zbyszek

On 8/8/06, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
Hi,
Actually, your template probably is having an effect, just not where you want it.  The glossterm element is dual purpose: it is used in a glossentry as the term, and can be used inline.  I'll bet your inline glossterms are made bold.

In a glossentry, the glossterm is handled in one of two modes, as shown by these two templates from fo/glossary.xsl:

<xsl:template match="glossentry/glossterm" mode="glossary.as.list">
<xsl:template match="glossentry/glossterm" mode="glossary.as.blocks">
Note the use of the more precise match attribute to avoid any potential matches on inline glossterms.
The template for inline glossterm does not use a mode, which is where your customization would apply.  If you add a mode to your customization then it should work.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 8:01 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Formatting the glosslist items

Hello all,

how do I control the appearance of glossterms in a glosslist? I have tried the following:

<xsl:template match="glossterm">
        <fo:inline font-weight="bold">
            <xsl:apply-imports/>
        </fo:inline>
</xsl:template>

or

<xsl:template match="glossentry/glossterm">
        <fo:inline font-weight="bold">
            <xsl:apply-imports/>
        </fo:inline>
    </xsl:template>

in my customization layer and it did not work. But, for example, the following:

<xsl:template match="varlistentry/term">
        <fo:inline font-weight="bold">
            <xsl:apply-imports/>
        </fo:inline>
    </xsl:template>