Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Duplicate IDs in XSL-FO

Paul DuBois wrote:
> Are you sure it's not a FOP bug?  We've seen this for Q-and-A sets and for
> glossary items, when the same input gets processed correctly with other
> DocBook XSL stylesheets such as HTML.

99%. I've manually verified that the XSL-FO document does indeed contain
duplicate IDs before FOP ever touches it. Let me triple check. OK. It's
not a FOP bug for sure. I can reproduce the problem without applying
FOP. That leaves three non-mutually-exclusive possibilities:

1. A bug in my stylesheet that generates the IDs
2. A bug in the DocBook XSL stylesheets
3. A bug in Saxon.

It appears the duplicate IDs show up before the DocBook XSL stylesheets
get applied. That rules out #2, and leaves 1 and 3. I'll take this to
the Saxon list if it turns out to be 3.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!