Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] section.autolabel.max.depth

Hi Remo,
I'm not able to duplicate this problem.  When I process a document with
many sections using the 1.70.1 fo  stylesheet, all the section levels have
numbers when section.autolabel="1".  And when I set
section.autolabel.max.depth="2", I get the results you are getting.

Are you using a customization layer?  If so, you should try it with the
stock fo/docbook.xsl.

Unfortunately, the FO file doesn't help diagnose this problem because the
numbering process has completed and the FO file just shows what you already
can see.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Remo Liechti" <remo.liechti@swisslog.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:53 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] section.autolabel.max.depth

Hi guys
I converted my docbook using XSL and some properties to create my PDF.

My docbook has some tree like sections:

<section>
..
<section>
<section>
</section>
</section>
<section>
<section>
</section>
</section>
</section>
<section>
..
<section>
</section>
</section>

The sections should rendered to PDF like this:
1. section one
1.1 section one dot one
1.1.1 section one dot one dot one

1.2 section one dot two
1.2.1 section one dot two dot one

2. section two
2.1 section two dot one

This can be done by the properties:
section.autolabel
section.label.includes.component.label

but badly, this generates:
1. section one
1.1 section one dot one
section one dot one dot one

1.2 section one dot two
section one dot two dot one

2. section two
2.1 section two dot one

You see, it only goes down one node... to tell the XSL to go down more
steps, a property exists:
section.autolabel.max.depth

(When section numbering is turned on by the section.autolabel parameter,
then this parameter controls the depth of section nesting that is
numbered. Sections nested to a level deeper than this value will not be
numbered.)

But this does not work.

Any ideas?
Attached you find the generated FO, I don't know XSL this good, maybe
you find an answer in there?

Thanks,
Remo
This message may contain legally privileged or confidential information and
is therefore addressed to the named persons only. The recipient should
inform the sender and delete this message, if he/she is not named as
addressee.
The sender disclaims any and all liability for the integrity and
punctuality of this message. The sender has activated an automatic virus
scanning, but does not guarantee the virus free transmission of this
message.