Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Suggested Writing Style

So, based on Sean's response and Bob's elaboration about elements
allowing PCDATA, let me ask about another case. Let's say I have a
paragraph with footnotes...

Should I have (1):

Or should I have (2):

<para>This is text.
<footnote>
<para>This is a footnote.</para>
</footnote>
This is more text.</para>

Or what if I have a footnote for the last sentence of a paragraph (3)?

<para>This is the first sentence. This is the last

Or this (4):

<para>This is the first sentence. This is the last sentence.
<footnote>
<para>This is the footnote.</para>
</footnote></para>

Or this (5):
<para>This is the first sentence. This is the last sentence.
<footnote>
<para>This is the footnote.</para>
</footnote>
</para>

If I read Sean and Bob right, (1) and (2) should be equivalent and
should produce a nicely formatted paragraph and footnote without
extraneous spaces? But (4) and (5) may introduce a trailing space?

Mike

----------------------------
Mike Broschinsky
Administrative Code Editor
Utah State Division of Administrative Rules
801-538-3003
mbroschi@utah.gov

On Thursday 10 August 2006 14:07, Euis Luhuanam wrote:
> <para>Blah... Blah... Blah sentences.</para>

This way is correct. Any other will induce spaces into the before and
after of
the element value.
--
Ask me about the Monkey.