Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] multiple mathphrase db 5 equation w/ db-xsl-1 generates phrases without line breaks between them

There is a viable workaround for this problem. Any equation that can
be represented by <mathphrase> alone can also be included inside
<mediaobject> as a <textobject
role="whatever"><phrase><inlineequation><mathphrase> nesting.

This violates the spirit of textobject only being a fallback, but
works correctly with the preferred role behavior of mediaobject. It
would be a bit cumbersome to type by hand, but it is quite flexible
because MathML can still be used for XHTML and EPS files can still be
used for PDFs even while the HTML uses the <mathphrase>.