Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Having chapter titles with numbers and figureswithout chapter prefix

Hello Bob, and thanks for the reply.

Setting prefix empty did work, but test underneath still counted per chapter
making numbers starting all over again. Anyway, commenting out everything
else but <xsl:number format="1" from="book|article" level="any"/> did the
trick.

By the way, is there also a way to set initial page number that does not
restart on every chapter? Having initial.page.number=auto does work most of
the cases, but if I'd really need to set it, what might be the method?

May I also thank for the excellent resource DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide,
which have been invaluable source of information while trying to match my
thesis with university guidelines :)

Regards,
Juha