Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Query: bug in <citation>#PCDATA</citation>

Thanks Bob, I'll just ignore the warning message
and hope it goes away in some later revision of
the stylesheet.  It's hardly worth the effort of
patching in my customization layer.  When I
specifically want a link in a <citation> I've
been putting an <xref> inside the <citation>,
that seems to work fine.
I don't think that guessing when a target was
intended but none was found because of a typo can
or should be attempted.
Ron

>Hi Jirka,
>Yes, I think his point was that this is a bug in
>the stylesheet. Specifically this template in
>html/inline.xsl:
>
><xsl:template match="citation">
>  <!-- todo: integrate with bibliography collection -->
>  <xsl:variable name="targets"
>select="(//biblioentry | //bibliomixed)[abbrev =
>string(current())]"/>
>
>  <xsl:choose>
>    <xsl:when test="$targets">
>      <xsl:call-template name="xref">
>        <xsl:with-param name="targets" select="$targets"/>
>      </xsl:call-template>
>    </xsl:when>
>    <xsl:otherwise>
>      <xsl:message>
>        <xsl:text>Citation to nonexistent publication abbrev: </xsl:text>
>        <xsl:value-of select="."/>
>      </xsl:message>
>      <xsl:text>[</xsl:text>
>      <xsl:call-template name="inline.charseq"/>
>      <xsl:text>]</xsl:text>
>    </xsl:otherwise>
>  </xsl:choose>
></xsl:template>
>
>The case when there is no matching target should
>not generate an error message because such a
>match is not required.  The problem, of course,
>is trying to guess when a target was intended
>but none was found because of a typo.  Since
>this is PCDATA, I don't think there is any way
>to tell. I usually recommend people use xref
>directly if they want a link that can be
>verified.
>
>Bob Stayton
>Sagehill Enterprises
>DocBook Consulting
>bobs@sagehill.net
>

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Jirka Kosek" <jirka@kosek.cz>

Ron Catterall, Phd, DSc				email: ron@catterall.net
Prolongacion de Hidalgo 140				http://catterall.net/
San Felipe del Agua					tel: +52 951 520 1821
Oaxaca      68020	Mexico				fax: +1 530 348 8309