Subject: Re: strange trouble with lists

In trying to diagnose this problem, I switched to saxon. I am having
trouble with it as well (both the saxon 6 and saxon 8 versions). It
hangs when processing the stylesheet, though saxon 8 does at least
print one warning that I am processing an XSLT 1 document with an XSLT
2 processor. I have saxon, xml-commons, xml-commons-resolver,  and
xml-commons-external-1.3 in the classpath (it's dynamically generated
from package.env files with these names). I think the hang is coming
from the processor or parser trying access the internet, but I wasn't
able to verify this using tcpdump, and I couldn't find an option to
have saxon disable net access. I will say that xsltproc's --nonet
option works just fine with this combination of xml source and
stylesheet, so perhaps an internet delay isn't the problem in saxon's
case. The reason why I think it might be an internet delay is that XEP
was exhibiting the same behavior (thought it produced a lot more
console text first) until I turned off draft.mode.

Anyway, that's my update so far. I would appreciate any ideas you may
have on this issue. It's pretty hard to make good documentation
without any lists.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/