Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Problem with links

I'll bet you are using xsltproc as your processor.  It works fine if you
use Saxon as the processor.

It also works fine if you put the default namespace declaration on the root
element of the entities file (Links.xml):

<para  xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";>

The problem seems to be that in xsltproc, the content included via the
system entity is not put into the DocBook namespace that is declared as the
default namespace in the root element of the main document. As a result,
the <link> element in the system entity is not matched by this template in
common/stripns.xsl:

<xsl:template match="ng:link|db:link" mode="stripNS">

and so it is not converted to a ulink for further processing (that's how
<link xlink:href> elements are handled in the current stylesheets).  It is
left as a <link> element, and so when the docbook templates are applied, it
lacks a linkend attribute and doesn't form the link.

I tend to think that this is a bug in xsltproc.

DocBook Consulting