Subject: Problem adding footer to DocBook Slides

Hi,

I try to write a customzition layer for DocBook Slides
to add another footer to the slides.

Hence I create a Customization XSL and add a copy from
[docbook-slides]\fo\plain.xsl <xsl:variable
name="content">.

So I've something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

  <!-- Customization Layer for DocBook Slides-->
  <xsl:import href="../xsl/fo/plain.xsl"/>

  <!-- param definitions specific for DocBook Slides
-->

  <xsl:variable name="content">
</xsl:stylesheet>

Now I thought I've do overwrite the default
<xsl:variable name="content"> from plain.xsl to
achieve my changes to the footer. However whatever I
write into <xsl:variable name="content"> and translate
with Saxon 6.5.5 the result is always as if only
plain.xsl is used.

'content' is later used in plain.xsl like in:

<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after-foil">
  <fo:block>
    <xsl:copy-of select="$content"/>
  </fo:block>
</fo:static-content>

<fo:static-content
flow-name="xsl-region-after-foil-continued">
  <fo:block>
    <xsl:copy-of select="$content"/>
  </fo:block>
</fo:static-content>

Is that a wrong approach for the customization layer?

Regards,
Darya