Subject: Entity -> fo -> pdf with a Unicode font..

Hi,

I have a document using two types of arrows.
Unicode characters :
0x2192 ->   0x21db => (three lines)
The respective entities are
→  and ⇛

I am using the FreeSerif font that have these two characters.
I have checked with Fontforge.
I have picked FreeSerif as the font to be used in the xsl

  <xsl:param name="body.font.family">FreeSerif</xsl:param>
  <xsl:param name="title.font.family">FreeSerif</xsl:param>
  <xsl:param name="symbol.font.family">FreeSerif</xsl:param>

The fo gets the following output when using saxon 8.7.3J :
<E2><86><92> Text <E2><87><9B>
(output from vi)
The fo is noted with
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> and for example ü works in the pdf when
it is in fo denoted <C3><BC> that works also in pdf.

But the arrows are displayed as hashes (#) in pdf.

I use fop 0.92beta and including the font with a new configuration file which
has FreeSerif included
embed-url="/usr/share/fonts/truetype/freefont/FreeSerif.ttf">
fop.xconf in the fop distribution was used as a starting point.
(yes I generated the xml file myself with fop)

Have had a look at
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/SpecialChars.html
but no tricks seems to get it to work.

Do anyone have any hints ?

I do hate fighting with the docbook tool chain ...
well I am using the free one so I guess I have to blame myself :)

/Fred