Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] About index and symbols in french

Hi Jacques,
You have a couple of options.  If you are using version 1.70.1 of the
stylesheets, you can switch to index.method="kosek".  You will need to use
Saxon or Xalan, and you will need to xsl:import the common/autoidx-ng.xsl
stylesheet module into your customization layer.

If you upgrade to version 1.71.0 of the stylesheets, then the default index
settings will work with French.

Just to clarify, the index.method parameter defines a method of processing
the index, not the language.  The 'english' index.method really should have
been named 'english.only', as it does not handle accented characters. There
is no 'french' method.    In version 1.71.0, the 'english' value was
dropped, and the default index.method has been changed to 'basic'. Now it
handles most European accented characters, although you do have more
control to configure grouping with the kosek method.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Jacques Foucry" <jacques@foucry.net>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 2:25 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] About index and symbols in french

Hello list,

I have a little problem with generated index and the symbols section in
this index.

In my xml document I've put some indexterm , like this :

And in the generated index, in my PDF the result is :

Symboles
Élodie, 5

But the É (caps E with accent if you don't see it) is not a symbol in
french. It must be include in the E section.

How can I have a correct french index ? I've try to change the saxon
parameter  index.method frm 'english' to 'french'put it doesn't change
anything.

Thanks in advance,
Jacques