Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Validation Question

Bob,

That would explain the errors.

I am using 4.2. Perhaps I will move up to a newer DTD. Are there any things I should watch out for if a move to 4.4 or 4.5?

Cheers,

Eric

From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 5:45 PM
To: Johnson, Eric; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

The XInclude process adds xml:base attributes to your elements when they are pulled from different directories. That is so relative paths in those files can be kept track of.  The DocBook DTD added xml:base as a common attribute starting in version 4.3, so you must be using a DTD older than that.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:55 AM

Subject: [docbook-apps] Validation Question

When validating a book that uses xincludes I get the following errors:

Validation of overview.xml with xmllint:

Parsing took 62 ms
Xinclude processing took 1328 ms
../common/legalblurb.xml:3: element legalnotice: validity error : No declaration for attribute base of element legalnotice
../common/copynotice.xml:4: element legalnotice: validity error : No declaration for attribute base of element legalnotice
../common/copydate.xml:4: element copyright: validity error : No declaration for attribute base of element copyright
overview.xml:7: element section: validity error : No declaration for attribute base of element section
overview.xml:6: element section: validity error : No declaration for attribute base of element section
overview.xml:6: element section: validity error : No declaration for attribute base of element section
overview.xml:3: element section: validity error : No declaration for attribute base of element section
overview.xml:3: element section: validity error : No declaration for attribute base of element section
Document overview.xml does not validate
Validating took 16 ms
Freeing took 15 ms

The book runs through the XSLT without a hitch and all of the individual file validate. What am I missing?

TIA,

Eric J.