Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Footnote clobbering text

Title: Message
No, I have not tried another FO proc but I think that I am getting ready to try XEP because FOP has some limitations that I  don't like, especially if this issue is bug. I have tried the beta FOP that is out now but it looks like it doesn't have the functionality that 0.20.5 has yet.

I was hoping that the footnote issue would have been prevalent enough to have dialog on it in the forums but I have not seen anything like that during my searches, which make me think maybe I am doing something wrong?

Maybe it's time to spend money. ;-)

Dean Nelson

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 1:20 AM
To: Nelson, Dean; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

I believe this is a bug in FOP 0.20.5.  Have you tried the same document with another XSL-FO processor?

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 3:10 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Footnote clobbering text

All,
I am seeing my footnotes clobber the text above it. It is especially noticable when certain tables break across page boundries. But I also see it in some of the general text above it.

I am using FOP 0.20.5 and Saxon 6.5. and version 1.70.1 of the stylesheets.

I have adjusted the following:
region.after.extent
body.margin.bottom
page.margin.bottom

but have not had any success in solving this problem. Which section does footnote go into?

Any Ideas?

Dean Nelson