Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Assigning Default Role Values to Elements

Hi Ray,
I understand that you want to propagate role values to class attributes in the HTML, but I'm not clear on what you mean by assigning default role values to elements.  That is usually a function of the DTD.  Can you give an example of what you mean?

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 2:06 PM

docbook-rng 5.0b9 xsl-1.71.1 saxon-6.5.5 oxygen-7.2 (eclipse-3.2.1 plugin)

I must now assign default role values to numerous elements to match the enterprise’s HTML CSS class selectors. Can someone post a stylesheet customization example; elements include emphasis, emphasis role=strong, chapter, sect1-5, entry (thead), entry (tbody), entry (entrytbl tbody), etc. *.propagates.style stringparms will all be set to 1.

Combined with bare HTML content generation, this customization will result in the organization’s default DocBook stylesheet for Internet publication.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ray