Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] XMetal and programlisting

That should work. I have the following in my ctm:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE DTDExtensions SYSTEM "ctm.dtd">
<DTDExtensions>
  <ElementPropertiesList>
    <GlobalPrettyPrintOptions>
      <IndentAmount>2</IndentAmount>
      <MaxLineLength>78</MaxLineLength>
    </GlobalPrettyPrintOptions>
    <ElementProperties>
      <Name ns="">programlisting</Name>
      <PreserveSpace/>
      <PrettyPrintOptions>
        <NewLineBeforeStartTag/>
      </PrettyPrintOptions>
    </ElementProperties>

Make sure that the .ctm file you're editing is the one xmetal is actually using. I know xmetal checks at least a couple of locations for that stuff, but can't remember the details. Failing that, I'd suggest contacting xmetal support.

David

From: Jana Volencová [mailto:j.volencova@cz.gmc.net]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 8:58 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] XMetal and programlisting

Hello,

has anyone recently had an experience with XMetal and its handling the programlisting element? My trouble is that white spaces and line breaks are not saved and also not kept when switching between the different views in XMetal.

I have enabled the <PreserveSpace/> option in the programlisting element properties in the .ctm file but this does not seem to do the trick.

I will appreciate any advice on this.

Jana

GMC Software Technology
Jana Volencova
Technical Writer
Hořická 283
500 02 Hradec Králové
Czech Republic

Phone:  +420 495 402 043
Fax:  +420 495 402 010
www.gmc.net

GMC - Do more. Faster. Your way.

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your computer. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. GMC Software Technology will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damage as a result of any virus being passed on, or arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party.