Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] an expression / a parameter within <xsl:include href='$xxx'/> not allowed?

Hi Bob,

thank you for your answer. In the meantime I found several conversations which clarified the matter. So I went in the direction XML catalog as you are suggesting.

Although did I not find that fact in the XSL specification.

Best Regards

Joerg Moebius

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. November 2006 18:03
An: joerg.moebius@hamburg.de; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

We all wish that you could put variable references in the href value for xsl:include, but alas, it is not allowed.  The basic problem is that all includes are processed before any variables are processed, so your variable will have no value.

One way to achieve selection at runtime is to use XML catalogs to map a fixed href (no variables) to a location. Then you can select a different catalog at runtime to choose a different location.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 12:06 PM

Hi,

until now I used

    <xsl:include href="../temp/titlepageFO.xsl"/>

and it worked fine. As I generalize my scripts from now on I have to use an expression

to build the href value.

My understanding of the XLS specification is, that expressions are allowed within an href attribute.

I tried

    <xsl:include href="$baseDir/temp/titlepageFO.xsl"/>

    <xsl:include href="{$baseDir/temp/titlepageFO.xsl}"/>

    <xsl:include href="{$baseDir}/temp/titlepageFO.xsl"/>

but none of these variants works nor with XALAN neither with SAXON. (The $baseDir parameter works surely, because it delivers the right value in another expression).

Has anybody an idea?

Best Regards

Joerg Moebius