Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Assigning Default Role Values to Elements

For the short term, you might be able to get what you want using xsl:apply-imports in your customization layer:

<xsl:template match="chapter">
        <xsl:apply-imports/>
</xsl:template>

That way you get to wrap the chapter in your div without touching the docbook xsls. Of course you end up with a bunch of extra divs :-)

David

From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 11:20 AM
To: Miller, Ray (Centech); docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

OK, now I understand.  I don't know of an easy way to do what you are looking for with the current stylesheets.  There are dozens of instances of these in the HTML stylesheets:

and

(actually, those should be local-name() for DB5 now that I look at it).

To get different class attributes, you would have to replace each of those with a template that generates the class attribute:

  <apply-templates select="." mode="html.class"/>

The default version of that mode would be:

<xsl:template match="*" mode="html.class">
  <xsl:attribute name="class">
    <xsl:value-of select="local-name(.)"/>
  </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:template>

But you could customize that mode to output your enterprise class names for specific elements.

This would make a fine feature request.  8^)

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 6:33 AM

Second sentence should read ‘… for specific elements’ not attributes.