Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] U+211D (a unicode character) doesn't show up in the output PDF

Have you added the fonts to the configuration in xep.xml? Have you checked
that they are specified in the font-family property in the FO file?

> The missing character, ℝ ,  is the double struck capital R, for
> representing all real numbers.

> no special options to XEP except that it is using the mode that
> outputs eps instead of pdf

Does it work with PDF output?

I use XEP 4.7 on Windows. I don't know if this helps you, but I did a little
testing:

1) When generating PDF, the 'double struck capital R' looks fine, using the
Arial Unicode MS font (TrueType).

2) When generating PostScript from the same FO file as in 1), I get this
error:

xep.bat -quiet -fo chars.fo -ps
[error] Broken font file 'file:/C:/Windows/Fonts/arialuni.ttf'.
[error] java.io.IOException: Font ArialUnicodeMS is unsupported, please
report to manufacturer.

Here is a snippet from the XEP reference manual regarding TrueType fonts:

"These fonts are supported by PDF generator module only. PostScript
generator can only use Type 1 and OpenType/CFF fonts (except for CID ones);"

So it seems that you can't use TrueType fonts with PostScript output.

/MJ