Subject: Extending XSL stylesheets to match extended DTD

Hello, I'm trying to work out precisely what would be required in extending the DocBook DTD in order to produce a significant amount of coursework.

As part of this, I want to mark up a curriculum/schedule. This would be comprised largely of block elements, such as the following structure indicates.

schedule
week*
lecture*
title
presenter?
topics?
topic+
para etc.
themes?
theme+
para etc.
laboratory*
title
marks?
topics?
topic+
para etc.
tutorial*
title
marks?
readings?
reading+
para etc. (needs work to profile book editions)

I have a rough idea of what I need to do to create a customisation layer for the DTD, but none of the books I've consulted (including Docbook XSL) mention anything (that I could find at least) about the correct way to make a stylesheet extension.

Any tips? Or have I managed to miss something completely obvious?

--

• Cameron Kerr  •  ckerr@cs.otago.ac.nz •  •

• Telecommunications Teaching Fellow & SysAdmin •

•  http://humbledown.org/blog/ •  021 02 333 294