Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Resolving xi:include with xpointer="element()"

just to remind,

use the latest Xerces-J parser. Version 2.8.0 had severe bug in
XIncludes resolution (regarding empty element tags <tag/> ).
rgds
          Tomas

Chris Chiasson wrote:
> the thread handling in the archives isn't so hot...
>
> here is the command line
>
> java -cp
> "/usr/share/xerces-2/lib/xercesImpl.jar:/usr/share/xerces-2/lib/xml-apis.jar:/usr/share/saxon-bin/lib/saxon.jar:/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.70.1/extensions/saxon653.jar:/usr/share/xml-commons/lib/resolver.jar:/etc/xml"
>
> -Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
>
> -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
>
> -Dorg.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration=org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration
>
> com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -r
> org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver -x
> org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader -y
> org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader -o
> src/Engineering_Optimization.fo src/Engineering_Optimization.xml
> xsl/fo.xsl
>
> On 11/13/06, Chris Chiasson <chris@chiasson.name> wrote:
>> There is a long thread in the archives of this list with messages from
>> myself and Mauritz Jeanson and others entitled something like "can't
>> get any of the three major xslt processors to work". Jeanson
>> eventually gives me a command line that can do xi:includes. It is
>> quite long.
>>
>> On 11/13/06, Peter Desjardins <pdesjardins@supplyscape.com> wrote:
>> > I am trying to resolve xi:includes that are inserted in my DocBook XML
>> > by XMLMind XML Editor (Standard Edition 3.5.0).  I have used the "copy
>> > as reference" feature of XXE to reference a child element in another
>> > document.  When I paste the referenced element into the document I am
>> > trying to publish, XXE adds this code:
>> >
>> >   <xi:include href="source-document.xml"
>> > xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
>> >               xpointer="element(IdOfMySection)" />
>> >
>> > This is a wonderful way to author my DocBook content.  But I am having
>> > trouble finding a way to resolve these xi:includes before passing the
>> > content into the Saxon processor.
>> >
>> > Is there a tool that will process xi:include elements that use
>> > xpointer="element()"?
>> >
>> > I've been poring through the list archives and DocBook XSL: The
>> Complete
>> > Guide for some time, without finding one.  My latest hope is that
>> > updating my Cygwin installation with the latest libxml2 in the hopes
>> > that "xmllint --xinclude" will handle this xpointer.  Pardon me if I'm
>> > missing something obvious.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help.
>> >
>> > Peter Desjardins
>> > SupplyScape Corporation
>> > +1 781 503 7441
>> > http://www.supplyscape.com

>> > For additional commands, e-mail:
>> docbook-apps-help@lists.oasis-open.org
>> >

>> --
>> http://chris.chiasson.name/

Tomas Hajek                                               /_________/
Design engineer                                          /  ___  __
Integrated Circuits for Car Radio Applications	        /\ (  / / /
						            / /_/
STMicroelectronics
IBC Building                                E-mail: tomas.hajek@st.com
Pobrezni 3                                  Work  : +420 222 336 137
186 00 Praha 8                              Tina  : 139 6137
Czech Republic                              Fax   : +420 222 336 116