Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Resolving xi:include with xpointer="element()"

Thanks for your help with this.  I've just gotten the latest packages
from Cygwin installed and xmllint will still not resolve my xpointers.
It gives me this error for each instance of xi:include.

$ xmllint -xinclude upgrade-excerpt.xml > resolved.xml
upgrade-excerpt.xml:25: element include: XInclude error : XPointer
evaluation failed: #element(UpgradePath)
upgrade-excerpt.xml:25: element include: XInclude error : could not load
upgrading.xml, and no fallback was found

XMLMind XXE is very happy with the syntax of it's own xi:include and it
finds that "upgrading.xml" is available.  This xmllint command was
executed in the directory with "upgrading.xml."

Does libxml version 20626 sound like the right tool?  Here's what Cygwin
claims to have:

$ xmllint -version
xmllint: using libxml version 20626 compiled with: Threads Tree Output
Push Reader Patterns Writer SAXv1 FTP HTTP DTDValid HTML Legacy C14N
Catalog XPath XPointer XInclude Iconv ISO8859X Unicode Regexps Automata
Expr Schemas Schematron Modules Debug

I'm trying to get xom running but have not gotten it set up correctly
yet.

Again, my thanks.

Peter Desjardins
SupplyScape Corporation