Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] Two column layout for programlisting

Thanks for the inside- although it does not sound like anything I want to do
:)

Currently I'm using FOP 0.20.5 as Formatting processor.

Thanks,

Torsten.

--

Torsten Uhlmann
AGYNAMIX(R). Sheltering Talent.

Tel    : +49 3721 273445
Fax    : +49 3721 273446
Mobile : +49 177 5261680
Email  : tuhlmann@agynamix.de
www    : http://www.agynamix.de

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Gesendet: Montag, 4. Dezember 2006 18:09
An: Torsten Uhlmann; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

In XSLFO 1.0, the way to do this is to create a two-column page layout in
the page-master, and then span all elements that are not programlisting.
The span property is not inherited, so you  have to put it in lots of
places, and I'm not sure if you can do it with attribute-sets for all
elements.

But the other problem with spans is that DocBook has many nested blocks, and
a spanned block should be a direct child of fo:flow.  There are workarounds
for getting a flatter output.

You don't mention your FO processor.  I know XEP has an extension for
creating multicolumn output inside a block.

DocBook Consulting