Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] date:date-time()

Title: Message
Thanks for the tip. But this also does not work with FOP. FOP ignores it anyway. converting an fo-file with xsltproc, then this entity works fine.

Best Regards,
Leeloo

"Nelson, Dean" <dean.nelson@eecradar.com> schrieb:
Leeloo,

I use the following entity in my files

  <!ENTITY TODAYS_DATE "<?dbtimestamp format='B d, Y' ?>">
I don't know if that helps you any? It puts a formatted date text anywhere I use the entity. I know that this works with Saxon 6.5.5.

Regards,
Dean Nelson

-----Original Message-----
From: leeloo5e79-docbook@yahoo.de [mailto:leeloo5e79-docbook@yahoo.de]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:37 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

On http://www.exslt.org/date/functions/date-time/date.date-time.html you can find that date:date-time() should implemented in SAXON and libxslt. Using libxslt to convert xml with xsl to fo causes this error: Evaluating variable date failed
Using FOP 0.20.5 causes this error
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[ERROR] javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Prefix must resolve to a namespace: date
I thought, I implemented date:date-time() in my XSL-Stylesheet and using FOP 0.20.5, but sorry I didn't.
And now also FOP 0.92beta causes an error too while parsing date:date-time().
Is there another option to get the actual date?

Best Regards,
Leeloo

Mauritz Jeanson <mj@johanneberg.com> schrieb:
> [...]

FOP itself does not know the prefix because it does not do any
transformation, it only processes the result of the transformation. However,
the FOP distribution does include the Xalan XSLT processor, which is used
"behind the scenes" when FOP is run using the -xml and -xsl options. I guess
that is how you run FOP.

You could try to run separate transformation and formatting stages. Then you
could use another XSLT processor (for example Saxon) and see if it works
better. See http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.92/running.html.

/MJ