Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] individual indentation for sect1 - sect3

Thanksm that worked.

I thought this would be more difficult J

Hinrich

Von: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Dezember 2006 07:39
An: Hinrich Aue; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

I can give you two basic guidelines for indents in XSL-FO:

a.  start-indent on an fo:block is an absolute value measured from the region boundary, regardless of the indents of the fo:blocks it might be nested inside.

b.  margin-left is a relative indent, that is, relative to the left edge (indent) of the fo:block that contains it.

You can accomplish what you want by setting start-indent values with the attribute-sets that the stylesheets provide. For example, put these in your customization layer:

<!-- $body.start.indent sets the start-indent property on a page-sequence's fo:flow. So this applies to all content not in section blocks -->

<xsl:param name="body.start.indent">0.5in</xsl:param>

<!-- This attribute set is applied to chapter titles and such to bring them back out to zero -->

<xsl:attribute-set name="component.title.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="start-indent">0in</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

<!-- The section.properties attribute-set is copied to all the section.levelN.properties attribute-sets. So it supplies the default for section levels that don't specify their own start-indent. -->

<xsl:attribute-set name="section.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="start-indent">1.5in</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

<!-- The same with section.title.properties, except only applies to section title blocks -->

<xsl:attribute-set name="section.title.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="start-indent">1.5in</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

<!-- This attribute-set overrides the default for sections at level 1, so all the content in level 1 sections is indented 1in -->

<xsl:attribute-set name="section.level1.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="start-indent">1in</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

<!-- Except for the section level1 titles, because this one overrides the previous one -->

<xsl:attribute-set name="section.title.level1.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="start-indent">0.5in</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

<!-- Finally just set the level 2 section titles to be a bit less than the default section indent. The rest of the section levels and titles don't specify start-indent, so they get the default from section.properties -->

<xsl:attribute-set name="section.title.level2.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="start-indent">1.0in</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

DocBook Consulting