Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] docbook 5 cover page example

Hi,
Unfortunately, cover is not currently implemented in the stylesheets.  The cover element was added to allow a document to specify the information to appear on a cover. In practice, a cover is not usually generated with the document output because it has to be in a separate output file for production purposes.

I think what you want is to add an image to your titlepage.  That can be done using the titlepage spec file mechanism, as described in this section:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitlePagePrint.html#AddingTitlepageGraphics

The section titled "Titlepage spec file" on that HTML page describes how to process the spec file after you have customized it.  Then any mediaobject inside your bookinfo or info element will be output on the titlepage.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:32 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] docbook 5 cover page example

Hello,

I'm trying to get an image on the index page and my attempts have been unsuccessful. I have read numerous posts (including sagehill books) about customizing it with XSL templates and all. It is quite confusing and complicated for a docbook newbie and my attempts have failed.

I moved to docbook 5 (and docbook5-xsl-1.72.0) to use the cover page feature which makes it easier to add the image on the first page.

To begin with, I coped and saved the example from the following link to add a JPG logo to the first page,
http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/cover.html

The book compiles fine using xsltproc with FOP 0.93, but I don't see an image. but everything else is available.

I'm lost and does anyone have any experience or ideas to get this done?

Thanks in advance!