Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] PDF customization

Replace @id with @xml:id in DocBook 5 stylesheets. That should get it
working again.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Jacques Foucry" <jacques@foucry.net>
To: "docbook-apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 6:11 AM

On 17 janv. 06, at 01:02, Bob Stayton wrote:

Last year I asked the list to add an email address given by parameter
do my PDF output. The answer was :

> Here is one way to do it.  Create an empty address element with a
> special id
> in your document:
>
> <address id="myvariable"/>
>
> And then add something like this to your stylesheet customization:
>
> <xsl:param name="titlepage.email" select="''"/>
>
> <xsl:template match="address[@id = 'myvariable']">
>   <xsl:value-of select="$titlepage.email"/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> The template will only operate on that special empty address  element,
> and it
> will output the value of the stylesheet parameter named
> 'titlepage.email'.
> You can then specify the value on the command line:
>
> titlepage.email="jacques@foucry.net"

It work very well since I change to DocBook 5.0 so the template became :

<xsl:template match="d:address[@id = 'myvariable']">
<xsl:value-of select="$titlepage.email"/>
</xsl:template>

With the d: before address. Nothing change in the xml document
itself. May be a namespace missing in the declaration :

<preface xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; version="5.0"
xml:lang="fr" xml:id="preface">

What can you do to make it working again ?

Thanks in advance,
Jacques
--
« Mac OS X Server à votre Service » en vente au Monde en Tique.
<http://www.lmet.fr/fiche.cgi?_ISBN=9782952726603>