Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] intrinsic size of images

first of all thank you.

second thing is that the FOP (0.93) documentation is wrong also. It says it cannot read meta data from images. But it can.

With the parameters width=”100%” scalefit=”1” and contentdepth=”100%” it works perfect.

I’m now using image magick and exiv2 to modify meta data of the images to fit my needs. Every bloody screenshot tool takes the wrong dpi (72dpi), but never the display resolution (usually 96dpi).

Hinrich

Von: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. Februar 2007 07:44
An: Hinrich Aue; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Betreff: Re: [docbook-apps] intrinsic size of images

I found the problem by validating a sample file with the attributes you were trying to use.  The description in my book has a typo.  Where it says contentheight, the attribute name is actually contentdepth in DocBook.  When I validated, it pointed out that I had an invalid attribute.

If you are using FOP 0.93, then it works with the right attribute name.  If you are using FOP 0.20.5, it is a known problem that it does not handle image scaling correctly.

DocBook Consulting