Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Wrapping table cell content

Hi Bob,

Enabling hyphenation for table cells did the trick.

Thanks!

Mark

On 2/22/07, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
Hi Mark,
Can you be more explicit about the cell content?  When you say code, how is that marked up?  And the URLs, I presume those are long strings without a space?  Certainly cell content containing spaces should break, unless something else is affecting it.

The wrap property is already on for tables, so it is not surprising it has no effect.  It allows breaking on spaces and hyphenation.  If you turn on hyphenation for your tables, at least your long URLs might be broken at a hyphenation point.

You might also mention which version of FOP you are using, and if it isn't 0.93, I would recommend you upgrade.  8^)

DocBook Consulting

From: Mark Peters
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 11:22 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Wrapping table cell content

Hi everyone,

I'm generating PDFs from Docbook 4.4 documents using the 1.69.1 version of the XSL stylesheets. The issue I'm encountering is that my table cells contain code, URLs, and other text that is not wrapping. As a result, FOP smooshes (technical term) the text together in each cell.

In my customization layer, I disabled hyphenation at the root level because I don't want to hyphenate title or paragraph text.

<xsl:attribute-set name="root.properties">
<xsl:attribute name="hyphenate">false</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

I enabled the wrap-option attribute at the table and table cell levels:

<xsl:template name="table.properties">
         <xsl:attribute name="wrap-option">wrap</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="table.cell.properties">
         <xsl:attribute name="wrap-option">wrap</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:template>

The text continues to jam itself into a single line in each table cell.

I've searched the docbook-apps archives and Googled the problem, but haven't found an answer. Is there another parameter I need to set (or disabled) in my customization layer?  I noticed the programlisting parameters; but I don't have any programlisting elements in my document.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

--

Mark Peters