Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Strange behaviour in my custom titlepage

Hi Jacques,
The way XSL-FO works with space-before is that if a block appears first on
a page, the space-before property is normally ignored.  That is to make the
text start in the same place on each page.  You can overcome this for a
particular block by adding a space-before.conditionality="retain" property
to title as well.

The generated text comes from the gentext files, and can be customized as
described here:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomGentext.html#CustomGenText

Regarding smallcaps, is the font-variant property making it into the FO
file?  If so, then the stylesheet is working and you should look at the XEP
setup again.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Jacques Foucry" <jacques@foucry.net>
To: "docbook " <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 7:57 AM

Hello list,

As I read in the Bob's book, I took a part of fo/titlepage.templates.xml
to make my own titlepage.

I would like have the title in the center/middle of the page with the
edition number just below.

<!ENTITY middlepage  "1175mm"> <!-- middle of the page -->
]>
<t:templates xmlns:t="http://nwalsh.com/docbook/xsl/template/1.0";
    xmlns:param="http://nwalsh.com/docbook/xsl/template/1.0/param";
    xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";

<t:titlepage t:element="book" t:wrapper="fo:block">
    <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto">
        <title
            t:named-template="division.title"
            param:node="ancestor-or-self::book[1]"
            text-align="center"
            font-size="&hsize5;"
            space-before="&middlepage;"
            font-weight="bold"
            font-family="{$title.fontset}"/>
        <subtitle
            text-align="center"
            font-size="&hsize4;"
            space-before="&hsize4space;"
            font-family="{$title.fontset}"/>
        <corpauthor font-size="&hsize3;"
            keep-with-next.within-column="always"
            space-before="2in"/>
        <authorgroup space-before="2in"/>
        <author font-size="&hsize3;"
            space-before="&hsize2space;"
            keep-with-next.within-column="always"/>
<!-- adding th edition number -->
        <edition space-before="1in"
            font-size="&hsize0;"
            font-family="{$title.fontset}"/>
    </t:titlepage-content>

I generated the xsl file with the command line
xsltproc -output mytitlepages.xsl template/titlepage.xsl
mytitlepage.spec.xml

<xsl:template match="d:title" mode="book.titlepage.recto.auto.mode">
<fo:block xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
xsl:use-attribute-sets="book.titlepage.recto.style" text-align="center"
font-size="24.8832pt" space-before="1175mm" font-weight="bold"
font-family="{$title.fontset}">
<xsl:call-template name="division.title">
<xsl:with-param name="node" select="ancestor-or-self::d:book[1]"/>
</xsl:call-template>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

The result seems to be ok but I can't have "a big space" before the book
title. A little bit like the space-before param is not used.

The edition number is correct but the word "Edition" in french as a
capital letter (seconde Édition) which is not correct. Where can I fix
this ?

Another question : is it possible to use a font-variant in this template ?
I tried to use small-caps which is defined in my xep.xml file (I use XEP)
but it doesn't seems to work.

Thanks in advance,

best regards,
Jacques
--
« Mac OS X Server à votre Service » en vente au Monde en Tique.
<http://www.lmet.fr/fiche.cgi?_ISBN=9782952726603>