Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] Better-looking DocBook XSL-FO stylesheets?

I can zip and send you a nice way of creating custom chapter headings.

The Idea is from Bob Stayton….. Maybe this is a starting point for the wiki?

Von: Hendy Irawan [mailto:gauldong@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. März 2007 13:50
An: Hinrich Aue
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

On 3/6/07, Hinrich Aue <hinrich.aue@lci-software.com> wrote:

I was thinking about this too. (though I'm not capable of creating anything in the wiki)

I made a lot of customizations here that I'm willing to contribute.

I'd really love if you could email it to me. :-) [just zip it and go, I'll figure out how to]

I've been able to (finally!) make the chapter title on the corner of the page... I have to put either 'bottom' or 'height' properties using fixed position. It doesn't seem a good solution though since it can span multiple lines which means is going to affect the main body flow. :( Style publishing is much harder than I had previously thought.

Replacing the default fonts with better ones (at the very least Arial Narrow, and Garamond/Georgia) is more refreshing. And I have other fonts too from Adobe, Linotype, ITC, ... but there's no way I would be able to embed those into an open-source stylesheet. :-(

Even the use of the "better" fonts is... well, questionable. (may require specific OS, and stuff... sigh)

But seriously, in publishing, isn't typography Everything?

--
Hendy Irawan
Web: http://hendy.gauldong.net