Subject: HTML- SVG problem: How to change HTML tags?

> Dear all,
> I would like to ask you for some support with my HTML customization:
>
> I've got a problem to transform my DocBook files with SVG graphics to
> HTML (by using XSLTProc and the .../html/docbook.xsl file). When I
> check the HTML output, the SVG graphics will only be displayed in
> Mozilla v 2.0.0.2 and Opera v 9.10 . In MS Internet Explorer v 6.0,
> though I have installed the Adobe SVG Viewer Plugin. In MS Internet
> Explorer the text is displayed normally, but only the empty viewport
> of the SVG graphics is visible. Obviously tries to load data but does
> not come to an successful end. I do not prefer MS IE, but most of the
> customers use it.

The HTML output, that IE cannot display, looks like this:

        <a name="id512734" id="id512734"></a>
cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="720">
data="figures/060609_structure-guideline-b.svg" type="image/svg+xml"
width="720" height="540">
                </object></td>
guideline</b></p>

By chance I have found out, that all browsers (including the MS IE)
manage to display the HTML file AND the SVG graphic, when I change the
HTML tag manually from "<object data="figures/...." to just
"<data="figures/...". So the HTML output looks like this:

        <a name="id512734" id="id512734"></a>
cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="720">
type="image/svg+xml" width="720" height="540">
                </data></td>
guideline</b></p>

I know this is a dirty foul against the w3c rules, because this tagging
is not allowed. But it works and unless I find a better way to outsmart
this MS IE bug, I want to go this way.

Now I would like to change my HTML Customization, so it will produce the
tagging like shown above. I have found the piece of code that checks the
parameter settings of the SVG image in the "graphics.xsl" file
("<xsl:variable name="img">   <xsl:choose>     <xsl:when test="@format =
'SVG'">   <object data="{$filename}" type="image/svg+xml"> etc. "). But
I could not find the part of the code, where it produces the HTML tags.

My question (it is rather an appeal):
==========================
Where do I have to change the code and how can I change it within my
customization, to produce an HTML tag "<data="figures/...".  instead or
"<object data="figures/...." .

Thanks a lot, I need to make my graphics visible and this problem drives
me mad.

> Many thanks,
> Martin

Harman Becker Automotive Systems GmbH
Geschaeftsfuehrung:  Dr. Peter Geiselhart  -  Michael Mauser  -  William S. Palin -  Edwin Summers  -  Regis Baudot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsbad - Registergericht: Mannheim HRB 361395

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.