Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] HTML- SVG problem: How to change HTML tags?

Hi Martin,
I think you are very close.  The part you found creates the HTML tags and
saves them as a result tree fragment in the 'img' variable.  Further down
the big process.image template is <xsl:copy-of select="$img"/> which then
outputs the result tree fragment created earlier.  So where you see <object
data= ... is where you should make the change.  Let me know if I'm not
understanding your question.

The process.image template really needs to be rewritten into smaller
modular pieces that are easier to customize.  That template is almost 800
lines long!

DocBook Consulting

From: "Schramm, Martin" <MSchramm@harmanbecker.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:15 AM

> Dear all,
> I would like to ask you for some support with my HTML customization:
>
> I've got a problem to transform my DocBook files with SVG graphics to
> HTML (by using XSLTProc and the .../html/docbook.xsl file). When I
> check the HTML output, the SVG graphics will only be displayed in
> Mozilla v 2.0.0.2 and Opera v 9.10 . In MS Internet Explorer v 6.0,
> though I have installed the Adobe SVG Viewer Plugin. In MS Internet
> Explorer the text is displayed normally, but only the empty viewport
> of the SVG graphics is visible. Obviously tries to load data but does
> not come to an successful end. I do not prefer MS IE, but most of the
> customers use it.

The HTML output, that IE cannot display, looks like this:

        <a name="id512734" id="id512734"></a>
cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="720">
data="figures/060609_structure-guideline-b.svg" type="image/svg+xml"
width="720" height="540">
                </object></td>
guideline</b></p>

By chance I have found out, that all browsers (including the MS IE)
manage to display the HTML file AND the SVG graphic, when I change the
HTML tag manually from "<object data="figures/...." to just
"<data="figures/...". So the HTML output looks like this:

        <a name="id512734" id="id512734"></a>
cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="720">
type="image/svg+xml" width="720" height="540">
                </data></td>
guideline</b></p>

I know this is a dirty foul against the w3c rules, because this tagging
is not allowed. But it works and unless I find a better way to outsmart
this MS IE bug, I want to go this way.

Now I would like to change my HTML Customization, so it will produce the
tagging like shown above. I have found the piece of code that checks the
parameter settings of the SVG image in the "graphics.xsl" file
("<xsl:variable name="img">   <xsl:choose>     <xsl:when test="@format =
'SVG'">   <object data="{$filename}" type="image/svg+xml"> etc. "). But
I could not find the part of the code, where it produces the HTML tags.

My question (it is rather an appeal):
==========================
Where do I have to change the code and how can I change it within my
customization, to produce an HTML tag "<data="figures/...".  instead or
"<object data="figures/...." .

Thanks a lot, I need to make my graphics visible and this problem drives
me mad.

> Many thanks,
> Martin

Harman Becker Automotive Systems GmbH
Geschaeftsfuehrung:  Dr. Peter Geiselhart  -  Michael Mauser  -  William S.
Palin -  Edwin Summers  -  Regis Baudot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsbad - Registergericht: Mannheim HRB 361395

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und
loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte
please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any
unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.