Subject: WG: [docbook-apps] HTML- SVG problem: How to change HTML tags?

Dear Bob,
thanks for your advice, but I still have not been successful.

I have changed "<object data=..." to "<data data=..."
and "</object>" to and "</data>" (because these start and end tags had worked, when I had changed the HTML code manually).

Then I have tried to run the xsl transformation, but I have got the following error message:
"line 170 element element unregistered variable tag xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed"
(line 170 says: <xsl:element name="{$tag}">)

So, the HTML code is evaluated with the result, that I am not allowed to replace the "object" tag by "data".
This is a pity, because "object" does not work in the internet explorer for unknown reasons, and "data" does.

- Is there a way to turn off the HTML evaluation?
- Or do I have to customize further lines in the code of "graphics.xsl" file?

Maybe, I have to write a transformation, which adjusts the HTML output after it has been transformed by my customization. But this would make everything even more complicated.

Best regards,
Martin